The Los Altos History Museum welcomes small, self-guided groups to visit and explore the Museum and its Agricultural Exhibit & Gardens.
*The Museum is not currently open to the public on Thursdays, so group tour appointments are required to make sure staffing is present.
- Changing Exhibition: (main floor) Exhibits change 3-4x/year
- Museum Store: (main floor) Merchandise complements exhibits
- Train diorama and Permanent Exhibition: (2nd floor)
- Agricultural Exhibit & Gardens: (encircling Museum) Open 7 days/week
* Note, the J. Gilbert Smith House remains closed.
Group Focus: By letting us know about your group and its interests, helps the docent aim you to specific areas.
Self-Guided Tour Hours: By appointment, Thursdays, noon-4pm. Notification required a minimum of 1 week prior to visit.
To schedule a self-guided tour, submit the form to the right.
We will get back to you shortly to confirm availability. If you have questions, please call 650.948.9427 x14.
- Please reserve your tour a minimum of 1 week prior to your visit.
- Please be on time or let us know here if you are running late. We will wait up to 30 minutes for your arrival.
- Tours last approximately 1 hour. Enjoy our outdoor picnic tables before or after your tour or take a quick walk to downtown Los Altos.
- Please provide adequate adult supervision for groups with children.
- You are visiting a museum and although there are some hands-on exhibits, in most cases we have a hands-off policy.
- Masks must be worn by visitors age 2 and older
- Proper social distancing (6ft) will be observed on premise
- Entry is limited to 8 people in the Gallery at a time
- Parking is limited due to nearby construction
- Our public restrooms are closed
- Please refrain from visiting if you have cold or flu-like symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- We look forward to welcoming you back, exhibits are admission free!