October 18, 2014 - April 18, 2015
This original exhibit begins to answer the question, “why here?” What was it that led the Valley of Heart’s Delight from orchards to oscillators? Who were the visionaries and risk takers who made it happen?
- Military & Defense Talk–“Hidden History of Silicon Valley” – November 5, 2014, 7 pm, LAHS Eagle Theater
- Scott Summit of Bespoke – December 2, 2014, 7pm, Los Altos Stage Co.
- The Stanford Connection – January 14, 2015, 7 pm
- Historical Founders/Visionaries Panel Discussion – February 11, 2015, 7 pm
- Family Day at the Museum, – March 14, 2015, noon-4pm
- Film Night – April 14, 2015, 7pm Los Altos Stage Co.
The story focuses on the local factors and folks contributing to this very special place. Displays highlight the ingredients in the recipe for Silicon Valley (Stanford, the military, funding, climate…). Nowhere else was there the same combination of things that existed in Silicon Valley: brilliant minds, cheap land, great weather, casual lifestyle and what’s called “cowboy capitalism” – the belief that there is nearly unlimited money to be made.