October 17, 2019 - January 19, 2020
On October 17, 1989, the Loma Prieta earthquake rocked the Bay Area. As the 30th anniversary approaches, we reflect on how natural disasters have shaken our lives and how our resilient community has come together to rebuild. Are we ready for the next one?
- Opening Reception – Oct. 20th, 2-5pm
- Water Safety and Reliability Workshop * – Oct. 23rd, 7-8:30pm
- Pet Preparedness Workshop* – Nov. 2nd, 9am-12pm
- Emergency Volunteer Appreciation Night* – Nov. 14th, 5:30-7pm
- Holiday Safety Workshop* – Dec. 11th, 7-8:30pm
- Be Prepared for the Big One – Jan. 11th, 10am-3pm
* Registration required in advance, all events are free.
Click on above links for additional program details and to register.
For other workshops and events supporting this exhibit visit here.
Co-produced with the City of Los Altos’ Division of Emergency Preparedness, the exhibition will feature historic photographs of the aftermaths of Loma Prieta and other local brushes with disaster. Related programming will also teach visitors how to prepare for the next natural disaster. Learn how to pack a kit; find exit routes; and care for yourself, your loved ones, and your pets during an emergency.