April 06, 2019 - April 20, 2019
The Museum celebrates the month of April with an opening weekend of Ikebana—the Japanese art of floral arrangement—followed by programs and artistic displays from The Garden Club of Los Altos.
Explore the current exhibit “90 Years of Flowers” in the J. Gilbert Smith House showcasing the history of The Garden Club. And enjoy original art, lectures, children’s programs and floral demonstrations in the Main Gallery and courtyard. Programs are free and open to the public.
- Ikebana Flower Show – April 6th and 7th, 10am-4pm
- Live Ikebana Demos – April 6th, 2-3:30pm & April 7th, 11am-noon
- Off the Charts – April 11th, 2-4pm
- Dress up Your Dinner Party Table – April 12th, 2-4pm
- Let’s Go to the Chelsea Flower Show – April 13th, 2-4pm
- Opening Reception – April 14th, 2-4pm
- Vases & Flowers – Mini to Maxi – April 18th, 2-4pm
- Hooray for Sunflowers (for kids) – April 18th, 2-4pm
- A Floral Collage – April 19th, 2-4pm
- Create Your Own Botanical Art (for kids) – April 19th, 2-4pm
- Container Gardening with Succulents – April 19th, 2-4pm
Click on above links for additional program details including location – some held at sites other than Los Altos History Museum.