About the Exhibit
Experience the passion, the historic discovery and the talent of many local area artists who chose to “paint the town.” Artists chose from a list of historic sites from incorporated and unincorporated Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and Mountain View provided by the Museum. Other locations were considered if they had a story of historic value associated with the building/site. “Echoes from the Past” from pre-World War II were especially encouraged, but accepted categories included modern sites with historic value (related to the rise of Silicon Valley).
- Pre World War I sites (1890-1910)
- World War I era buildings/sites (1910-1930)
- World War II era (1930-1950)
- Population boom years (1950 – 1970)
- Silicon Valley (1970 – 1990)
Exhibit HighlightsClick on the images above to view larger.
- Artists’ Reception and juried awards ceremony – July 19th, 4-7pm
- Acrylic Painting class* – July 28th, 9:30am-12pm
- Plein-air Painting on the 3rd St. Green – July 29th, 12-4pm
- Outdoor Movie Night “Loving Vincent” – Aug. 8th, 8:30-10pm
- Figurative Watercolor Class* – Aug. 15th, 6:30-9pm
- Lecture: “Plein-Air Painting” – Aug. 22nd, 6pm
- Colored Pencil Drawing class* – Sept. 8th, 9am-12pm
- Closing Ceremony – Oct. 7th, 2-4pm
Please click on above links for specific program details, regarding registration, fees, and location – as some are held at sites other than the Los Altos History Museum.
*$15 class fee applies. Payable when registering via the links above. A materials fee may apply the day of the class.