Los Altos History Museum
51 So. San Antonio Road
Los Altos, CA 94022
In the spirit of our local pioneers and entrepreneurs, this fun family event will provide an opportunity to explore hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) activities presented by local educational non-profits and vendors, orchard-themed games and activities, and a special appearance by Lisa Prince Newman, author of For the Love of Apricots.
STEM activities include:
NASA’s Discovery Trailer • Los Altos Library’s Go Go Biblio • Apricot DNA extraction • An Interactive Bubble Station • Flower Design • Insect Taxonomy • Microscopic Investigation • Enviroscape • Keva Plank Design • Caterpillar Camouflage and The Science of Butterflies • Geocaching
Also on the schedule:
- 10:30 am, 11:30am, and 2pm Robotics Demonstrations
- 11am-1pm Apricot Food Tasting
- 3pm Edible Trees walk around downtown led by Greentown Los Altos
- Hourly Bioblitz Discovery Walks
- Ongoing Scavenger Hunt for gadgets from the past in J. Gilbert Smith House
- Environthon Challenge, where teams of teens compete for a cash award
Attention Vendors! We would like to feature your STEM activity. To explore participation please download Vendor Application:
Attention Teens! We’re looking for high school volunteers to participate in the STEM Fair. There are three ways to do so, download the Teen Application to learn how:
The event will be held in the Museum Main Gallery and outside patio courtyard. Free admission.