Looking for an exciting way to get involved in your community, fulfill volunteer hours and learn new skills? Join the Teen Docent Program at Los Altos History Museum! Participants will have the opportunity to interact with museum professionals and community members while getting a behind-the-scenes look at museum magic in action.
After a week-long training seminar (August 3-7, 2020, 10am-3pm) participants will become museum docents, working 2-4 hours each month. Teen Docents will lead tours, interact with visitors, and assist with museum activities and programs.
- Meet other students with similar interests and, make new friends in a fun, educational, and interactive environment
- Gain valuable skills and real work experience
- Work alongside museum professionals and gather insight into various fields of study
- Enhance your college resume and gain experience that will make your college essay stand out
- Be an active and valued member of the Los Altos History Museum team – we depend on you!
- Currently enrolled as a local high school student
- Submit a complete application found on our website by May 29, 2020
- Available August 3-7, 2020 (10am-3pm) for a week-long interactive training program
- Availability to work 2-4 hour shifts each month (August 2020-July 2021)
- Punctuality and willingness to learn new skills
- Strong work ethic and respect for others
- Interest in local history, public speaking, and/or community engagement
Program Details & Logistics:
- Admission is free
- Drinks and snacks will be provided
- Participants are responsible for bringing their own lunch
- Participants will frequently spend time outdoors and should bring sunscreen and/or hats
- Los Altos History Museum is fully wheelchair accessible
To learn more, contact Amy Ellison