Are you looking to make an impact in the community while learning valuable skills?
Join the Teen Docent Program at Los Altos History Museum!
Teen Docents interact with museum professionals and community members while experiencing a behind-the-scenes look at museum magic in action.
Once accepted into the Teen Docent Program, you will be invited to a welcome reception on May 7th. In early summer you will take part in a one-week, intensive seminar from 10am-2pm. Upon completion of the seminar, participants will become official Museum Teen Docents. Teen Docents are an extremely important part of the Museum, taking on leadership roles and interacting with visitors, leading tours, and helping to plan, coordinate, and execute important museum events.
- Meet and collaborate with a group of highly motivated students as you make new friends and connections
- Work in a fast-paced, fun, and interactive environment whose mission is to educate the public on local history and create community
- Learn valuable skills and gain authentic work experience
- Get experience and insights into various fields of study such as history, humanities, communications, exhibit curation, marketing, media, finances, public outreach and relations
Who we are Looking for
You have a:
- Strong work ethic with a motivated and self-guided mindset
- Appreciation for history and community
- Willingness to contribute, share, and collaborate
- Passion for creating a diverse and inclusive museum
- Interest in public speaking, community engagement and outreach, research, and FUN!
- Are a currently enrolled high school student
- Can complete and submit the application no later than April 14, 2023
- Are available for a one-week, 10am-2pm intensive seminar in June or July
- Can commit a minimum of 2-4 hours per month for in-person work at the Museum from July 2023-June 2024
Check back next spring when applications open for the July 2024-June 2025 term.