Are you looking to make an impact in the community while learning valuable skills?
Join the Teen Docent Program at Los Altos History Museum!
Teen Docents interact with museum professionals and community members while experiencing a behind-the-scenes look at museum magic in action.
Once accepted into the Teen Docent Program, meetings begin in April. In June, you will take part in a four-day intensive seminar, June 13-16, 2022, 10am-2:00pm. Upon completion of the seminar, participants will become official Museum Teen Docents. Teen Docents are an extremely important part of the Museum, taking on leadership roles and interacting with visitors, leading tours, and helping to plan, coordinate, and execute important museum events.
- Meet and collaborate with a group of highly motivated students as you make new friends and connections
- Work in a fast-paced, fun, and interactive environment whose mission is to educate the public on local history and create community
- Learn valuable skills and gain authentic work experience
- Get experience and insights into various fields of study such as history, humanities, communications, exhibit curation, marketing, media, finances, public outreach and relations
Who we are Looking for
You have a:
- Strong work ethic with a motivated and self-guided mindset
- Appreciation for history and community
- Willingness to contribute, share, and collaborate, and possess excellent communication skills
- Passion for creating a diverse and inclusive museum
- Interest in public speaking, community engagement and outreach, research, and FUN!
Requirements (We are no longer accepting applications for the 2022-23 term. Applications will reopen in March 2023.)
- Are a currently enrolled high school student
- Can complete and submit the application no later than March 21, 2022
- Are available June 13-16, 2022, 10am-2pm, for an intensive seminar
- Can commit a minimum of 2-4 hours per month for in-person work at the Museum from April 2022 – March 2023