J. Gilbert Smith House

By

In 1954, the city of Los Altos purchased the Gilbert Smith property, including the house and 10.44 acres of apricot orchards, as a site for the Civic Center, with the Smith’s retaining lifetime residency of the house and a surrounding acre. Upon Mrs. Smith’s death in 1973, the house and one acre reverted to the city. In 1974, the Los…

Read More