Enjoy a rare glimpse of the gardens of one of the most elegant homes in old Los Altos. May 7, 2016, 4:30-7:30pm, 220 University Avenue. Plein air artists, chamber music, gourmet appetizers, premier wine tasting and garden boutique.
In 1926, Frank Marini, a major benefactor to Los Altos and San Francisco, built the four-level Italianate home as the summer home for him and his four “maiden” sisters. In Los Altos, his contributions helped build St. Nicholas Church on Orange Avenue and Marini Hall at the Jesuit Retreat on University Avenue.
After his last sister died in 1969, the home was left to San Francisco College for Women. In 1971, the Tossy family (the late Dr. Jerome) and Tamara Ann Tossy purchased the home for their family. Nan and Chuck Geschke, founding Museum patrons, purchased it in 1995 and began the extensive restoration of the home and grounds. To purchase tickets.